Recent content by diyyid

  1. D

    Gunk inside washing machine waste pipe

    Thanks all for the tips and feedback. I've been monitoring washing machine performance after raising the pipe and checked everything again today - so far no sign of any blockage. I'll continue keeping an eye on it but preliminary signs are it's problem solved. And to think the solution was so...
  2. D

    Gunk inside washing machine waste pipe

    Thanks, I'll give this a try and report back - it takes a few weeks for the problem to restart. I'll be kicking myself if that is the solution!
  3. D

    Gunk inside washing machine waste pipe

    Thanks for the replies. I've never heard of this before but I've always preferred to use liquid because I've used power with other machines where the powder doesn't dissolve or leaves white streaks on dark clothes. User manual doesn't say anything specific to liquid-use maintenance. The model...
  4. D

    Gunk inside washing machine waste pipe

    Using liquid detergent and softener for normal washes. For maintenance, I use a dedicated washing machine cleaning liquid or regular detergent (if washing machine cleaner is finished) - both on a 95c cycle. I don't know if the cleaner has degreaser in it tbh, never checked and didn't know it...
  5. D

    Gunk inside washing machine waste pipe

    Hello Every few weeks, my washing machine (AEG, 9yrs old) spin cycle time takes ages and each time, it's due to solid gunk inside the white waste pipe under the sink. The waste pipe is a 20mm inlet with 40mm connector (like this...
  6. D

    Ikea ceiling light troubles

    I'll be returning it - not worth the hassle. I'll find an option that's compatible with my current setup
  7. D

    Ikea ceiling light troubles

    Hi, thanks for replies. Yes, I know where the switch, neutral, etc is, I've labelled them on the ceiling pendant which I removed temporarily. I'm definitely staying away from any drastic changes. If I could just get the ikea plate fitted right, I could wago the connections without any...
  8. D

    Ikea ceiling light troubles

    Hello I'm trying to install an Ikea ceiling light ( https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/nymane-ceiling-spotlight-with-3-spots-white-00336267/ ) but am having trouble getting the backing plate onto a firm fixing. My electrics are surface mounted (rented property) but after removing the ceiling rose, I...
  9. D

    Issue with one electrical outlet tripping RCD

    Hello Thanks for the replies. The problem happens at random and it can be days or weeks before it happens again. It happened today and the last time was about a month ago. The problem has only ever happened with this double gang socket, although the old fan was used in various places in the...
  10. D

    Issue with one electrical outlet tripping RCD

    Hello I have a double gang electrical socket in my living room which has a router and electric fan heater plugged in. Occasionally when turning the fan heater on, it trips the RCD and switches off my router and other electrics plugged in on the same circuit. Apart from the fan heater, I don't...
  11. D

    New internal door sticking

    Hello I had an internal door replaced back in May and a few months after the door has started sticking when opening and closing. Initially the problem was at the bottom and I planed a bit off and it worked fine. Recently the problem has started again in different places, the bottom again and...
  12. D

    Water ingress - where could the problem be?

    Hi Woody, the information about Statutory Nuisance is definitely useful to know. We haven't taken any legal route yet as we expected the problem would be resolved by now following remedial works they did. We are expecting a visit from them in the next few days to take another look at the...
  13. D

    Water ingress - where could the problem be?

    My parents live in a maisonette on 2nd floor and there is another house on top. In December 2020 following a period of heavy rain, water started entering one of the rooms, with water dripping from the white window trim and surrounding areas. Landlord has done a bunch of work to try and fix the...
  14. D

    Paint peeling

    No I didn't, should I have?
  15. D

    Paint peeling

    I used Crown Trade paint to paint over a 5 year old coat of paint in my living room. The old paint was also Crown Trade (extreme washable matt or something), new tin was Silk Vinyl Emulsion. Painting was completed end of June with 2 coats. Yesterday I was wiping a mark off and the paint started...
Back
Top