Recent content by Dodgyrog

  1. Dodgyrog

    Best type and make of replacement Stopcock

    Ah I think I got you, I can see some reducing kits - sets of rings, washers etc online. They go in the outlet of the elbow to give the 15mm. Screwfix look to do them but not the 25/15 size I need. Could start trying merchants etc but usually rely on the local public places round here. As a...
  2. Dodgyrog

    Best type and make of replacement Stopcock

    Thank you. Sorry Im a bit dense and have only worked with 15mm plastic before not 25 mdpe but are you saying to kick the 25mm over 90 degrees just after it comes out the floor - using a push fit 25 mdpe elbow, then use the adapter in my photo above, then copper and then the 1/4 turn? Its a...
  3. Dodgyrog

    Best type and make of replacement Stopcock

    Thanks all - much appreciated. I'd rather replace the stopcock, not just for 1/4 turn ease but it's leaking out the stem and the top ferrule ... and also the nut and shaft look knackered. I've picked up the Pegler Valve - but what is the lesser of the 2 evils ? cutting off the lower olive on...
  4. Dodgyrog

    Best type and make of replacement Stopcock

    Thanks for that, I’ll go for the Pegler by the looks of it. My existing tap is slightly different to the one in the video, that one looks to have the 25mm connection directly on the bottom of the tap whereas mine looks to have a smaller 15mm compression fitting on top of the larger fittings as...
  5. Dodgyrog

    Best type and make of replacement Stopcock

    Hi, any recommendations on best make and type to replace this old seized, leaking stopcock? I don't want to scrimp. I'd prefer quarter turn unless advised otherwise. Would also prefer to go plastic pipe after the tap but again happy to take advice. Also just trying to understand how the lower...
  6. Dodgyrog

    Best walkway / threshold support

    Yep there will be the DPM and insulation going on to the block and beam and maybe flowing it in to that area would be an option - but I need some kind of decent support bridging that central void which needs to be left to allow the airflow underneath. Would insulation not buckle under any...
  7. Dodgyrog

    Best walkway / threshold support

    Hi, Tidying up this walkthrough in to my new extension, new floating floor will be raised up to be level with existing floorboards. I'm probably over thinking it but it will be a main walkway so do not want issues or it start squeaking. Void beneath as there was an airbrick there - telescop...
  8. Dodgyrog

    Fitting large sliding patio doors to a steel frame

    Got ya - although what I had in my head was effectively just adding the extra thickness to the external side of the outer skin only - so the same concept of using double thick blocks on just the section where the doors meet blockwork if that makes sense - and therefore leaving the rest of the...
  9. Dodgyrog

    Fitting large sliding patio doors to a steel frame

    Bit of a longshot but what about the general concept of doubling up that outer skin? I appreciate you might be dealing with an existing build so not quite sure what is practical and whether that is existing or new steelwork - but then you could hang everything off the thicker outer skin? I'm a...
  10. Dodgyrog

    Best way to fill this gap.

    I get that OCD too :D- but don't panic....the velux are options we put in to get planning - the one on the right will not be going in as it was to let more light in to the bathroom in the original main building, which is not needed now. The other 2 are for a vaulted ceiling option. The...
  11. Dodgyrog

    Best way to fill this gap.

    It's a garden room so we wanted to maximise the glass but I'm not a fan of bi-fold doors. Maybe the sketch above shows better the subtle difference towards making it look more like a room than a conservatory. I just don't want white plastic strips between the doors and windows.
  12. Dodgyrog

    Best way to fill this gap.

    I get what you are saying but just to clarify the left and right gables are existing building that we are stuck with and the central bit is the new extension and projects outwards from the building by 4 meters. When viewed in the flesh that new frontage dominates things as the gables recede back...
  13. Dodgyrog

    Best way to fill this gap.

    Yep that would have been the easy way but we didn't want the look of a continual run of glazing and plastic in what is a key view of the house. The whole width of the block built room is glazing but by having everything completely framed by render gives it more of a room look (which it is) than...
  14. Dodgyrog

    Best way to fill this gap.

    Hi, any thoughts how best to fill these strips either side of the French door?. We wanted a render strip between windows and door to break up the double glazing a bit but a slight misunderstanding led to the gaps ending up a bit narrower than expected at 89mm - which is still fine from the look...
Back
Top