Recent content by Dutch85

  1. D

    New sink (different position to previous) , what do I need/best way to connect to the wastepipie

    Thanks for the reply. Yes, the wastepipe is through the wall. If it needs to be lowered it would involve drilling through the brickwork?
  2. D

    New sink (different position to previous) , what do I need/best way to connect to the wastepipie

    We've replaced the kitchen sink and how to position it in a different location to the previous. What do I need to get this connected to waste pipe? I need to connect the washing machine wastepipie to it also. Is flexi the way to go?
  3. D

    3 quotes for kitchen oven/hob/microwave wall plate and isolater switch. £280 - £950!

    Advice needed on kitchen cooker, hob and consumer unit wiringI’m currently refurbishing my kitchen and would appreciate some advice on the electrical work. We are replacing the existing cooker with: A built-in oven rated at 3.3 kW, with the manufacturer specifying a 16 A supply. A separate...
  4. D

    Moved house, not familiar with this heating system. How does it work, best set up?

    We're currently refurbing the kitchen. Could the old wall mounted controller be decommisoned and replaced by the tado, could it be located in the airing cupboard next to the wiring centre?
  5. D

    Moved house, not familiar with this heating system. How does it work, best set up?

    Great spot. I'd actually mislabled the pump and stat. There's no sign of of the missing cable. I wonder if it would be easier to install something like this? https://amzn.eu/d/0gJLVSPV
  6. D

    Moved house, not familiar with this heating system. How does it work, best set up?

    Thank you to you and @terryplumb for taking your time previously. I'm Revisiting this as we're getting a new bathroom suite (originally house come with an electric shower only) Just to recap were we're at, when heating only was selected at the controller, the cylinder would also heat up at...
  7. D

    Replacing double glazing after advice on frames/glass. Any reccomnded? Any to avoid?

    I'm replacing old timber framed doubled glazing with upvc and was wanting some advice on what frames and glass to go for. Local companies seem to use rehau, eurocell and aluplast frames. Then it's between pilkington k glass argon filled and planitherm glass. Is there much between the above...
  8. D

    Cleaning a radiator that's supplied by a regular boiler with tank/cylinder set up. What's the procedure?

    We have a radiator that isn't very warm at the bottom I'm guessing a sludge build up and was wanting to clean it out. What would be the procedure for this? Would the whole system have to be drained or just a case of turning off the valves, disconnecting radiator, clean, then reattach? Any...
  9. D

    Could anyone recommend a replacement for a redring expressions 500 8.5 kWh shower

    I'll need to add an extra couple of lengths of pipes and 2 elbows for this shower to be able to fit?
  10. D

    Could anyone recommend a replacement for a redring expressions 500 8.5 kWh shower

    This is the manual from a mira multi fit shower. Does it show the pipe can enter from the right, even if surface mounted?
  11. D

    Could anyone recommend a replacement for a redring expressions 500 8.5 kWh shower

    If I was to get this model of mira shower what additional fittings would I need to buy? Can the existing elbow joint be flipped?
  12. D

    Could anyone recommend a replacement for a redring expressions 500 8.5 kWh shower

    They don't seem to make this shower anymore. Could someone recommend a like for like replacement or one that's a near fit please?
Back
Top