Recent content by emmaamme

  1. E

    Marley Modern Tiles Colour Fading/Surface Wearing Away

    Thanks Woody, handy to know the make up of the tile as my main concern was that it still keeps the water out. I can put up with the colour change.
  2. E

    Marley Modern Tiles Colour Fading/Surface Wearing Away

    Hi John, yes i noticed yesterday a couple of the other houses in the street have tiles with the same markings. If i manage to catch any of them I'll see if they've noticed it too. Hoping someone from marley will come out - I'll keep you posted :giggle:
  3. E

    Marley Modern Tiles Colour Fading/Surface Wearing Away

    Hi John, how are you? Yes the markings are very odd indeed. Maybe it's been a bad batch of tiles. I've filled out a contact form on the Marley website & fired it off so we'll see what comes of it (if anything!) Believe it or not I cleared the guttering in April. The photo does make it look gunky...
  4. E

    Marley Modern Tiles Colour Fading/Surface Wearing Away

    Thanks for your replies. When I look close up it does look like the top surface has eroded. A couple of other houses in the street look the same. I think I'll get in touch with Marley as there's meant to be some sort of guarantee on the tiles.
  5. E

    Marley Modern Tiles Colour Fading/Surface Wearing Away

    Hi, I'm in a 9 yr old bungalow which is covered in Marley Modern grey tiles. Some of the tiles appear to be changing colour which i'm guessing is the surface wearing away. These are the worst ones (see photos). Other tiles are showing the same signs but a lot less severe. Will this affect...
  6. E

    Is there meant to be water sitting here (shower)?

    Ha ha, yet to find mine (off switch that is, not brain!)
  7. E

    Is there meant to be water sitting here (shower)?

    Thank you. Yes it would be nice if the brain had an off switch ha ha
  8. E

    Is there meant to be water sitting here (shower)?

    Thank you so much - it's a great community on here. Everyone's so helpful.
  9. E

    Is there meant to be water sitting here (shower)?

    Thanks everyone for your replies. Been awake since 4.20 worrying about it (natural born worrier unfortunately!). Appreciate the help everyone. I'm assuming if it still happens after the reseal it's not an issue?
  10. E

    Is there meant to be water sitting here (shower)?

    Thank you. Is that the same for the internal vertical joint too (where the aluminium frame meets the wall tile?)
  11. E

    Is there meant to be water sitting here (shower)?

    Thanks for replying. I thought that with the bottom of the aluminium profile (Photo 1) not being sealed at the bottom internally, the water would still drain back into the shower?
  12. E

    Is there meant to be water sitting here (shower)?

    Hi, i have a silicone guy coming to reseal my walk in shower tomorrow but noticed there is water sitting in the outside clear vertical channel (not sure what the technical term is). I peeled some of the silicone away (before i took photos) from the outside at the bottom of the plastic strip...
  13. E

    Roof sheathing

    Thanks John, you too. I love Northumberland. My family are all Geordies so I've spent a few holidays on that coastline. It's beautiful.
  14. E

    Roof sheathing

    I take it that it's a requirement in England? It certainly makes more sense to have them.
  15. E

    Roof sheathing

    Thanks John - just wondered how it worked. I'll not be messing with anything ha ha
Back
Top