Recent content by Greenllama

  1. G

    Using a manual tile cutter on porcelain tiles?

    Thanks - took a few goes but this eventually did the trick! Fingers crossed for cut 2…
  2. G

    Using a manual tile cutter on porcelain tiles?

    We’ve tried pushing both sides and nada. Did you push close to the score line or towards the edges of the tile? I think the workmate suggestion earlier could work, but I don’t have one here - it’s in my parents’ garage 2 hours away!
  3. G

    Using a manual tile cutter on porcelain tiles?

    We have considered asking the guy who did our bathroom if he could cut it next time he’s in the area!!
  4. G

    Using a manual tile cutter on porcelain tiles?

    Hi all, I need to cut one tile down, two straight cuts. I’ve used my manual tile cutter tool to score the first cut, but apparently no amount of pressure from the lever is snapping that tile. I don’t really want to buy/rent an electric cutter for just one tile, is there a technique I can try...
  5. G

    Is this a supporting arch?

    I want to open up a fireplace and have uncovered an unusual looking triangular arch. Anyone know if this is a supporting arch or if we’d need to replace with a lintel? Ordinarily I’d assume not, but the way the bricks have been cut into triangles above looks intentional, and that looks like...
Back
Top