Recent content by JLC9779

  1. J

    Accenta 8 Replacement - Pyronix 76 or Orisec

    A few of the installers are not quick at getting back to me. I know this is a very general queston but. I am wondering whether the Texecom Elite 24 is just as good as the Orisec cp20 or Pyronix24. I am getting quoted from just £420 to £500. Just had a look and I could get the Texecom panel...
  2. J

    Accenta 8 Replacement - Pyronix 76 or Orisec

    Thanks so so much. I am waiting for some people to get back to me. If anybody know a good reliable fitter in the Leeds area that would be great. Just want to make sure we get the right choice.
  3. J

    Accenta 8 Replacement - Pyronix 76 or Orisec

    People are quoting approx £500 for new panel / keypad and app module for fitting. They all appear to be offering just one manufacturer. I would ideally like to choose the manufacturer myself, but I guess that's not really an option. That is why I was pondering buying it myself and trying to fit...
  4. J

    Accenta 8 Replacement - Pyronix 76 or Orisec

    I do not mind paying for someone to install it or come out if there is a problem but I really do not fancy paying on going subscription for an app and also do not want to be stuck with a yearly service etc. Presently we have 4 wired PIRs, 2 door sensors, a separate keypad near the front door. We...
  5. J

    Accenta 8 Replacement - Pyronix 76 or Orisec

    Wanting to replace an Accenta 8 Alarm. Got a few quotes - a couple saying Orisec CP20 and an other saying Pyronix 76. Both about the same price. Any thoughts on which is the best way to go. Using the existing PIRs and Door sensors. I prefer if possible to use an App to be able to control if away...
  6. J

    What screws for Melamine Faced Chipboard?

    Thanks for all your help. Managed to construct this for the small alcove gap. Matches the IKEA cupboard too.
  7. J

    What screws for Melamine Faced Chipboard?

    Thanks for all the help and support. Will give it a try and see how it goes. Was going to attach some 3mm hardboard on the back too. Just pin it
  8. J

    What screws for Melamine Faced Chipboard?

    Apologies for the poor drawing. It is fitting in a vert narrow alcove in the under the stairs cupboard so the sides will be not visible. Just a view from the front
  9. J

    What screws for Melamine Faced Chipboard?

    Thanks, any links to anything I can buy from screwfix in the uk? or elsewhere. Would really be appreciated. Happy to drill a pilot hole.
  10. J

    What screws for Melamine Faced Chipboard?

    Just making a small shelving unit out of MFC. It is 18mm thick with chipboard. Having google it, are confirmat screws the best to use for an amateur with limited tools. The screws will not be seen on the outside and its only for a understairs cupboard. About 2 metre high, 30cm wide and just 13cm...
  11. J

    Plastic Pipes - Do they need insulating in the Airing Cupboard / Loft

    So is that a yes, I just wondered why the plumber hadnt suggested it, or whether he thought it being under the existing loft insulation was enough.
  12. J

    Plastic Pipes - Do they need insulating in the Airing Cupboard / Loft

    Just had a shower pump fitted in the airing cupboard and part of the process plastic pipes have been fitting coming out of the ensuite shower room, and across the full length of the loft, and then down into the airing cupboard. They are quite narrow plastic pipes. Do I need to insulate the cold...
  13. J

    Replacing Ceiling Rose with Modern Light fitting...

    Thanks every so much, I guess I could also make it more simple by using Wago 221, or 222 connectors and a Wago 221 or 222 box. Would save time connecting all the wires. But I guess it will depend on the lengths of wires and how they are stripped for the ceiling rose. Using WAGO may be more...
  14. J

    Replacing Ceiling Rose with Modern Light fitting...

    So I could place that box in the loft, have the three wires coming in to the left (Loop In, Loop Out, Switch) Then have the cable out on the right hand side down back into the bathroom........and in the box I have 4 terminals for the Earth, Loop, Neutral and Switch......
  15. J

    Replacing Ceiling Rose with Modern Light fitting...

    Just replacing the ceiling rose in a bathroom. Presently there is a ceiling rose, but the new light is designed to fit flush with the ceiling. Ideally we wanted to remove the ceiling rose and fit the new light flush against the ceiling. The bathroom is upstairs so I have access to the loft. So I...
Back
Top