Recent content by merton69

  1. merton69

    Wooden Front Door repair

    Update: Just spent some time preparing the wooden edges and applied wood filler. It is a powder base and just add water. I will wait for it to go off and when the weather is a little better, remove the door and sand it all to prepare for undercoat and gloss.
  2. merton69

    Wooden Front Door repair

    Thanks for the explanation Wayners. Looking at the whole door image, each pane needs addressing, so which size tub do you think I need as I don't want to waste money on buying an excessive tub of filler, please? Sizes vary but look to come in 500/600gm or 1.25kg. 250g is probably not enough.
  3. merton69

    Wooden Front Door repair

    Again, thanks Wayners for your knowledge and experience. This is all a huge learning curve for me so apologies for the dumb questions. Why Masq Purple and not normal masking tape? Please give an example of the 2 pack resin wood filler and why not normal wood filler?
  4. merton69

    Wooden Front Door repair

    Thanks Wayners, but the quadrants are both heavily glued and tacked in. Too much of a big job, time wise and expense that I really don't have at the moment. Boiler and optician bills just come in! Plus, I don't know what damage I would do to the actual door frame trying to remove the quadrants...
  5. merton69

    Wooden Front Door repair

    Hello All. Looking to repair my wooden front door on the inside. Over the many years, the beading holding the glass is looking tired and crumbly in the obvious places. Please can anyone advise me on what to use to repair the wood ready for priming and glossing again. Does it require wood oil...
  6. merton69

    Shower head hose - difference in length alter the pressure flow?

    Harry! You are EVERYWHERE!! Many thanks. I only want to get a longer one to allow to help rinse the whole of the bath when cleaning and help get around the fish tank when being cleaned also! :p Thanks
  7. merton69

    Shower head hose - difference in length alter the pressure flow?

    Hello All. My hose is leaking so time for new one. But I would like to purchase a longer one. The present hose is 1M and would like to get a 1.2M or 1.5M hose Would this affect the pressure flow and ultimately place unwanted stress on the shower unit (Triton Cara) please? Regards,
  8. merton69

    Bearings for Hoover Dynamic Next 9Kg

    Hello and apologies. Been ill. The machine is up and running now. I siliconed the two halfs and added 20 nuts and bolts including Harry's idea of crown washers around the drum. There was a small leak in the drum resealing but I think now the silicone has properly cured the drip has appeared to...
  9. merton69

    Bearings for Hoover Dynamic Next 9Kg

    Just a side issue. When taking the machine apart, I noticed rust down the inside of the frame (now fully treated). The fill inlet rubber hose connecting to the outer drum was leaking. Will the Silicone 825, I am using for the outer drum reseal, do the job of sealing the fill inlet rubber hose...
  10. merton69

    Bearings for Hoover Dynamic Next 9Kg

    I have ordered the three items via Amazon (reluctantly) and hopefully be here tomorrow. Everwhere else was days/weeks. Time will tell. Thank you for your continued support. ;)
  11. merton69

    Bearings for Hoover Dynamic Next 9Kg

    And why not?!! Only kidding. ;) I fully appreciate all that you have done for me. Very helpful. Just a shame I am so close but yet, so so far away (and the Ukrain is far away)! I am very tempted in getting the 12.5 bearing seal and see how it goes. I can't wait for the Ukraine part plus it...
  12. merton69

    Bearings for Hoover Dynamic Next 9Kg

    Aplogies, the reason being when trying to find a seller of the 17.5, Hoover came up with a bearingset that was compatible with my machine and other Hoover similar to it, it stated the 12.5. And like I said when opening it, there was no protruding lip and you stated the lip would be showing...
  13. merton69

    Bearings for Hoover Dynamic Next 9Kg

    why would it wear away. Surely that would be a pointless design? What kit is there that has a 6206 2RS, a 6205ZZ C4 with the 12.5 seal please? Struggling to find it, yet I found one not so long ago please?
  14. merton69

    Bearings for Hoover Dynamic Next 9Kg

    Thank you Harry. So, back to my whole concern is the bearing seal. When I got open the outer casing there wasn't any lip on the bearing seal. So I am wondering if the bearing seal is the standard bearing replacement kit with a 12.5 bearing seal.
  15. merton69

    Bearings for Hoover Dynamic Next 9Kg

    Apologies, I thought I already posted images of the bearings. The larger bearing does have black 'walls' but the smaller doesn't. The larger bearing has 6206 2RS on it and the smaller non black bearing has 6205ZZ C4. More apologies as sometimes the images don't load with a 'server fail' message.
Back
Top