Recent content by Michael Rosen

  1. M

    cracking from heat on patio

    Thanks - I have bought Sikaflex 11 FC Purfurm which I think should work well. Much appreciated
  2. M

    cracking from heat on patio

    Thank you, that's really helpful and informative. Yes I will go down the sealant and backer rod route just to give it some sort of waterproofing protection.
  3. M

    cracking from heat on patio

    thank you.
  4. M

    cracking from heat on patio

    thanks. that's reassuring to know
  5. M

    cracking from heat on patio

    yes. that is true. but I want to avoid moisture in the winter running down under the foundations of the extension
  6. M

    cracking from heat on patio

    thanks. I will do that
  7. M

    cracking from heat on patio

    thank you. I will look at that. would using something like Sikaflex 11fc perform do the job too? I'd probably need a back rod for some of the depth
  8. M

    cracking from heat on patio

    Hi, I have just discovered this crack caused by a sinking patio in the hot weather. It's in the angle between my house wall and the patio Would the best repair for this be something like a silkaflex ebt+ sealant and backer rod? The gap looks about 10mm wide and maybe quite deep. I really would...
  9. M

    Repair joint expansion caused by sinking pavement

    Thanks. There is actually two holes in that drain cover and the pipe is going into one of them. But I take your point
  10. M

    Repair joint expansion caused by sinking pavement

    Thanks - it may well not be a problem, but I wanted to avoid water seeping in in the winter - The wall/extension is at least 30 years old and pre-dates us, so I don't know what sort of DPC there is in place
  11. M

    Repair joint expansion caused by sinking pavement

    Hi, I have just discovered this crack caused by a sinking path in the hot weather. It's in the angle between my house wall and the garden path. Would the best repair for this be something like a silkaflex ebt+ sealant and backer rod? The gap looks about 6mm wide and maybe 10mm deep.
  12. M

    Best solution for joint repair?

    Hi, I have just discovered this crack caused by a sinking path in the hot weather. It's in the angle between my house wall and the garden path. Would the best repair for this be something like a silkaflex ebt+ sealant and backer rod? The gap looks about 6mm wide and maybe 10mm deep.
  13. M

    Troublesome spot keeps reappearing

    I wonder if I can ask for your collective expertise We have a strange spot on on this wall which keeps reappearing , despite my best efforts with Zissner Peelstop to solve it. As you can see from the photos, this room is the lowest part of the house and behind the brick wall is a void under...
  14. M

    Our step has sunk - is it a straightforward repaire

    Think you all for your kind help and advice
  15. M

    Our step has sunk - is it a straightforward repaire

    Thanks. I don't know. We moved in 12 years ago and they were laid long before that. I assume it's just been wear and age that has caused it
Back
Top