Recent content by reoreborn85

  1. reoreborn85

    Skirting board question - What does FIN mean?

    thank you! Bit of a bugger as im struggling to find the right size skirting board lol On a tight-ish budget too and thought i'd finally found something!
  2. reoreborn85

    Skirting board question - What does FIN mean?

    Ty So by finished size, thats the actual size you're getting? Seems a bit odd to give you dimensions of wood you're not getting.
  3. reoreborn85

    Skirting board question - What does FIN mean?

    Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just looking at this skirting board on brandfords. It says "Bullnose Timber Skirting - Vths Redwood - 19 x 75mm (Fin Size 14x69mm) (per mtr)" What does it mean by FIN? Ive looked online and the only info I can find is from A.I google *eye roll*. It says Fin...
  4. reoreborn85

    creaky floorboards - are any of these screws okay?

    Hi. Kinda on a tight budget at the moment. Were currently redoing the back bedroom and half of the room (The back half) is creaky as hell. It seems like the 'nails' that were used have come loose. I was planning on screwing them down/removing some of the looser nails and replacing them with...
  5. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    ..Looks like i missed a lot of 'fun' and arguments here lol First off i'd like to say a HUGE thank you to you all for all your help. It honestly saved us a lot of money and allowed my wife to come home. I did it and works fine. Ialso spoke to the mediquip person (The person who brings the...
  6. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    Sorry, i thought i'd sayd in O.P he lives in Spain on contract with work and can't get home till after Christmas. I love him to be but he does some dodgy DIY lol which is why i wanted to run it past people on here
  7. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    Tbh I think they're being over cautious or just petty for a lack of a better word and tbh I (and so does she) just want her back home. If that's what it takes rather than waiting for their official reply etc its a small price to pay. From all the research and questions i've asked on forums "it...
  8. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    We did ask if there was any finacial help OR if their O.T (Mediquip) could help but sadly they said they couldn't with regards to fitting sockets. They did mention a charity but after they contacted them they said they only help over 50's and she's 39. I'm buying the stuff to do it today with...
  9. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    Tbh, nor do I and nor could my uncle. When my father had a hospital bed he had the bed, the mattress, his laptop and his TV plugged into the one extension. The O.T which came out yesterday said it NEEDS to be plugged directly into the wall for safety otherwise they wouldn't class the room as...
  10. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    i think this was my fault. I said we needed it urgently and explained why. I get the feeling that's why the price was so high. The lowest offer said he couldn't do it for another month. Yet they won't let her come home until there's a 'safe' room to return to. At the moment this room only has...
  11. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    Sorry i didn't see your post. It will be earthed and our board is RCD protected. I'll be honest not sure what the 'bonding' is though?
  12. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    Thank you for your reply and good to know all the info ive been given is correct. Honestly, ty.
  13. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    The plugs will be used for a hospital bed, a hoist type thing which weve been told need to be plugged directly into a wall socket. I wanted an extra double incase anything else came up in the future with the same requirements. Other things like a TV, a laptop, an electric photo frame etcbut...
  14. reoreborn85

    Advice on adding two double plugs onto the main ring via a fused spur

    We were recently quoted by three electricians £370-£470 for doing this and sadly we don't have the money and it's somewhat urgent (see additional information). I have spoken to my uncle who used to do a lot of DIY when it comes to electrical work and while I trust him i just wanted to run it by...
Back
Top