Recent content by Rudie

  1. R

    Insulation roll between lounge joists

    hi all, ive managed to lift one side of the lounge floorboards and clean up at the bottom. the issue i face now is that the insulation roll will partially cover one of the airbricks so looking for telescopic airvent ducting. Only thing is, i cant find a size to fit the old airbricks i have...
  2. R

    Insulation roll between lounge joists

    Ok thanks I’ll use the breathable membrane I have and use the insulation roll and insulation slabs to the height of the joists I may get the telescopic plastic air vent tubes so the insulation doesn’t block the airflow underneath in case the insulation moves/expands
  3. R

    Insulation roll between lounge joists

    thanks @nero44 i do have some breathable membrane left from a previous project which i cud staple in like u say and lay the insulation on top of it?
  4. R

    Insulation roll between lounge joists

    Hi I’m planning on lifting the ground floor floor boards with a view to laying insulation rolls ans/or insulation slabs (not cellotex) in between. My dilemma is whether to use garden netting as I’ve read on one post here or wooden strips battens screwed to the bottom of the joist, both methods...
  5. R

    Shower cubicle install

    Ok thanks will do a normal water mix. I have this week off work so plan is to start this today/tomorrow. Last question is do I put the cement mix on the plastic membrane? Underneath that is the insulation slab. Thanks again all.
  6. R

    Shower cubicle install

    Agreed. So to fill the void shall I do the 5:1 sharp sand to cement semi dry mix and then once set use flexible powdered tile adhesive with a thick bed, notch trowel so the adhesive fills all the voids in the shower tray underside?
  7. R

    Shower cubicle install

    The instructions work on basis that the floor is already solid and flat. It mentions a high grade flexible silicone adhesive to cover full area to place tray on top of . The usual silicone around the edges when fitting the tray against walls. It’s the build up of void that I want to make sure I...
  8. R

    Shower cubicle install

    Thanks @denso13 ivd got to this point now. So plan is I will sand/cement the void with a dry mix, compact, I may shutter off the piping for the drain rather than cementing that in? Put sharp sand or building sand into it? Once dry I still have some proflex tile adhesive I can build up the level...
  9. R

    Shower cubicle install

    Thanks I wasn’t sure if the black trap would block the smells so just thought I’d check first - thanks
  10. R

    Shower cubicle install

    Also with the suite I have these waste traps for the shower tray. But my issue is that there is no U bend so potentially the smell flowing up the pipe. Have I got the wrong shower waste? The U bend I’ve ordered just doesn’t work as the fitments are the wrong way? Thanks for any advice…
  11. R

    Shower cubicle install

    So use the adhesive where the tray meets the floor tiles and fill the void with building sand?
  12. R

    Shower cubicle install

    Hi again, does the shower tray need to sit on a sand and cement mix? I originally thought a compacted base of building sand was ok but reading a lot of posts about sand and cement mix? Guessing the mix will stop movement but a compacted sand option may allow movement? Any advice appreciated thanks.
  13. R

    Hive dual channel wiring issue

    Thanks mate. Yes power was off when I did it. I couldn’t tell which terminal it came out of but a previous reply was the correct one - terminal 4
  14. R

    Mobile Texecom Keypad App No Notifications

    Hi, I tried the reset, and no change I did the reset on comport, added it back on, and still get the same error message under the notifications…
  15. R

    Mobile Texecom Keypad App No Notifications

    Ok thank you. Will try this tmrw and update on here.
Back
Top