Recent content by Shropshire

  1. S

    EICR question

    Sense prevails ! Thank you.
  2. S

    EICR question

    Thanks. Appreciate everyones advice and guidance.
  3. S

    EICR question

    Just those lights
  4. S

    EICR question

    Yes that was my thinking too or 6 amp?
  5. S

    EICR question

    Just got some more info...its on a 20a breaker and 2.5mm cables
  6. S

    EICR question

    The fuses are all 3a (4 lights each on a single cable 1 from each switch)
  7. S

    EICR question

    They marked it as a C2
  8. S

    EICR question

    4 fluorescent lights that had been fitted years ago at the top of a tall (over 6 metres to the apex) building, used plug and sockets running back to a 4 gang light switch. (Rightly or wrongly they had plugs and sockets to make it easier to remove at a height). An EICR has said that the 4 gang...
  9. S

    MCB for cooker

    By reading the 433.2.2, it seems I can add a FCU at the after the reduction as my length of cable will be approx 1 metre.
  10. S

    MCB for cooker

    Thanks, yes that was my first thought, but I don't have any 6mm cable at present, hence looking at other options.
  11. S

    MCB for cooker

    No, we have an AGA for normal use. The oven is for emergencies (like Christmas day!)
  12. S

    MCB for cooker

    Our old kitchen / hob have been removed (they were separate units). They were supplied by 6mm cable and 32a mcb. The location of the new oven (requires only 13a) is being located further away from the existing cable (see above). We won't be having a hob. Can I extend the existing cable with a...
  13. S

    Outside sill flowing to house

    Hi, I had a lot of windows replaced in our (very old) house. They are Evolution windows. The company that fitted them folded before we got the certificate or remedies to the (numerous) issues. One of the issues I have is that on the main lounge window, the right hand side of the sill (looking...
  14. S

    Memera 21 RCD Tripping

    Update: I am pleased to say that the work they carried out (as above) seems to have cured the problem (albeit they created the fault in the first place!) The RCD was tripping every 5 hours or so before. Its now been on 48 hours and not tripped.
  15. S

    Memera 21 RCD Tripping

    Update: I contacted National Grid (used to be Western Power Distribution) who were extremely helpful. They contacted the team that were out last week and it seems that they moved 2 other customers onto our phase and isolated a particular part of the overhead power in preparation for some trees...
Back
Top