Recent content by Teams

  1. T

    The correct order to apply DPM paint to wall

    It's a small area about 3' x 4'. So DPM makes more sense.
  2. T

    The correct order to apply DPM paint to wall

    Hi Guys We have a wall it had damp patch, the wall paper peeled, the plaster crumbled, the mortar crumbled. We have removed everything, now have exposed brickwork. We want to apply DPM paint. What is the correct order? Brick Wall - DPM - 'Blind Sand' - Mortar - Plaster - Wallpaper - Paint...
  3. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    Didn't get noises before installation.
  4. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    Yes that's spot on. o.k. many thanks for that.
  5. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    The Building Regulations are there for a reason, the Double Glazing company needs to abide by them. So that's not down to my expectations. We can't tell if 'problems have been caused', but we've heard 'creaky sounds'. I don't think they put steel reinforcing bars. No sinking of the 1st floor...
  6. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    The Field Manager during a visit stated that they were used. So clearly there was a requirement to use them.
  7. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    Stop rambling, where have I said anything has been banned? I've copy and paste from the GGF Installation Guide. Surely you've seen quotation marks before? Maybe not. Wow you picked up on a typo!! That must be the 'fun' part.
  8. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    I've done the Woody 'witty remark' thing. I am being upfront. The question is pretty simple, where would Acro-Props be positioned? on any of the pictures, this is just for my benefit. I don't need to elaborate on anything. I'm not asking anybody to guess anything. These are existing pics, so why...
  9. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    Thanks for your response. I'm going by the following, the Glazing company insist that they used them, they didn't. We have some pics taken during installation (we were focused on something else that was incorrect', but we we'ren't aware that they had to use them on 'bay windows' as per the...
  10. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    Second rule must be, ;Empty vessels make the most noise', you kind of sum the second rule up.There's nothing wrong; Except that the double glazing installers didn't use Acro-Props when replacing a 'bay window'. That is against Building Regulations.
  11. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    Yes, I gathered that, but near the ends, in the middle etc. I suppose it's beyond your pay grade to provide a sensible answer.
  12. T

    Where would you position Acro-Props in a replacement Bay Window scenario?

    Hi Guys I'd just like some ideas where Acro-Props would be positioned in the following bay window, the bay window below has just been chosen randomly, so I can get an idea (No work is actually going to be done):- Below is the actual bay wndow, just need to get some idea. Many Thanks.
  13. T

    Replacement 'J' Shaped Bay Window - Double Glazing

    We're getting there with this. Just to add they didn't use support jack's when they removed the bay window, which they should have done. Is there an acceptable gap between window frame and the wall?, the field manager quoted 50mm to us, I need to find out.
  14. T

    Replacement 'J' Shaped Bay Window - Double Glazing

    Hi DHF Thanks for the info. I also think that one of the small bay windows has been measured incorrectly, but can't be 100% sure because the survey sheet isn't making a lot of sense at the moment (some info missing). The width reads 530mm on the survey sheet, when measured it's actually 505mm...
Back
Top