Recent content by tiddlywinks

  1. T

    Leaking Washing Machine Compression Valve

    Thanks both for your thoughts. I'm pleased and very embarrassed to say that *really* tightening the nut (much more than I would normally tighten a nut) seems to have done the trick! Fingers crossed! Thanks again.
  2. T

    Leaking Washing Machine Compression Valve

    Thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated. Will have a look at it in daylight.
  3. T

    Leaking Washing Machine Compression Valve

    Hello. We had a leak in our washing machine compression valve. We bought a new valve but couldn't get the original nut off so we used the new valve but with the old nut. Unfortunately it's still dripping from the nut. Wondering if the olive inside the nut is damaged, or is the drip more likely...
  4. T

    Can anyone identify this grout please?

    Our bathroom is tiled floor to ceiling with white tiles and off-white grout (by previous property developer owner). A couple of small cracks have appeared so repair is needed. Does anyone have any idea what product this might be please? It has quite a grainy texture and is somewhere between...
  5. T

    Siemens Tumble Dryer switching itself off

    Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this. Will consult my friend who understands electronics.
  6. T

    Siemens Tumble Dryer switching itself off

    Just called Siemens and they say the control module is over £400 before vat and labour recommend a new machine. Shame about the planet.
  7. T

    Siemens Tumble Dryer switching itself off

    Hello again, sorry, have been away. Checked the fuse and plug, machine now completely dead, not coming on at all. So I guess it's a power fault within the machine, presumably I'll need an engineer? Thanks again.
  8. T

    Siemens Tumble Dryer switching itself off

    Here's a video... https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/vV2CRkNZ5qXx
  9. T

    Siemens Tumble Dryer switching itself off

    The light goes off and it stops 5-30 secs after being switched on, the way it used to at the end of a normal cycle.
  10. T

    Siemens Tumble Dryer switching itself off

    No, just stops.
  11. T

    Siemens Tumble Dryer switching itself off

    Hello all My Siemens Tumble Dryer WT46W566GB keeps switching itself off after about 5-30 seconds despite washing being very damp. Can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening please? Thanks in advance ☺️
  12. T

    How do I fill gap beneath plaster?

    Thanks Mike, that's helpful.
  13. T

    How do I fill gap beneath plaster?

    Thanks opps, that's really helpful advice.
  14. T

    How do I fill gap beneath plaster?

    Thanks, will give that a try. Do you know if fine or coarse wird wool is better please?
  15. T

    How do I fill gap beneath plaster?

    We have a problem with loads of slugs and occasional rats coming in under our kitchen cupboards. Removed the kickboard to investigate and it's a bit of a mess with a large gap beneath the plaster and floor, so this must be where pests are coming in. Wondering how best to fill the gap. Was going...
Back
Top