@!~~#! $%**@£ BLANKET WEED!!!!!!!

Would have to be a tall frame to fit over my fountain - as you correctly pointed out earlier, I've still got an emptying issue because I didn't dig it deep enough :oops:

Will go for "onion bag" type netting and lay it over with suitable anchors.

Weed is still thriving.

BTW seen your frog recently?

Sponsored Links
you have some options open to you.

fountain, reduce its flow

net, build a square within a square (the inner square will pbviosly need to be "connected" to the outer square for support, cover this in netting.

the inner square is big enough to fit over your fountain

you may fins that if you use "chiken wire" you may be able to cut a hole out. I have done it for a fountain i have.

nope, not seen the frog for a while

Yep, liking the chicken wire with cut out, will take that on, thanks.

I have tried to cut the flow rate down, and I can achieve a nice effect that stays well within the pond footprint. Problem is, after a couple of days, the pump intake and fountain head get clogged with the vile weed and the spray turns to a trickle.

I just wish I'd have thought about depth a bit more at the start of the project. On the one hand I'm tempted to take it all out, dig deeper, buy new pond liner and start again; on the other hand, I don't want to go back to square one (smacks of failure. :LOL: ).

Sponsored Links
pjholybloke said:
Problem is, after a couple of days, the pump intake and fountain head get clogged with the vile weed and the spray turns to a trickle.

that will happen no matter how deep / shape your pond is :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back