£300 Bosch drill for less than £100 from Screwfix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 weeks ago I ordered a Bosch GSR12V drill/driver from Screwfix at 99 quid. Instead, they sent a GSR12 V-E2, which is a better model - and about 50 quid more expensve (retail about £300, and from the the cheapest online supplier, about £140). So I complained, and they sent me a replacement - but it was the GSR12 V-E2 model again. They've now replaced it with the wrong drill 4 times, and I still haven't got what I want. So, if you want a real bargain, order part no. 65815 from Screwfix for £99.99, and you'll get a Bosch drill worth 40 quid more. You could keep this and be pleased with your bargain, or you could sell it on for £130 and make 30 quid a time. I have no qualms about publishing this on this forum as Screwfix have been made fully aware of this anomaly.

Sponsored Links
Screwfix don't give nothing away. :evil:
Hope you haven't got an extended warranty as they charge you to send and return item back :eek:
Used to be a good company but now are disinterested in their customers.
View their website to see how happy their customers are :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, I have noticed that, I wondered what have gone wrong now. I know they were upgrading the system, seems to gone wrong from there ???

BAHCO, in fact, in the GSR 12V drill kit I bought 12 months ago, one of the batteries failed. I asked Screwfix to send a replacement battery under guarantee. They said they would have to replace the whole kit instead, which was great, but they sent a GSR12VE2 instead, which was even better.

Since I still required the smaller & lighter GSR12V, I ordered a new one as per their catalogue, and it was from that point on that they insisted on sending GSR12VE2 models.

I've got a new GSR12V now. Bought from Power Tools UK for £80 including VAT & delivery: £20 cheaper than Screwfix.

Sponsored Links
Luckier than you think, BAHCO. I've just upgraded both drills to a 3 year warranty, free of charge, having read the latest advertising bumf from Screwfix. See www.boschpowertools.co.uk

As I understand it, if anything goes wrong in the next 3 years, the supplier will replace the item free of charge, and the replacement will be underwritten by Bosch. Can't be bad, eh?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back