£50K fine for man who ran illegal car park!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:...s/6.htm+bristol+airport+illegal+parking&hl=en

I have mentioned how locals around Bristol airport were operating carparks, they too are being stopped with huge fines or the threat of, being levied etc.
NO planning permission .... Wait a sec, no complaints from other locals .... But more importantly the airport owners are vigorous complainants due to loss of profits from their own overpriced car parks-- So big business counts more than people ---- Tell that to the people of Minety and elsewhere with ILLEGAL encampments of travelling persons on their doorstep and no removal action taking place !! ;)

Sponsored Links
In Manchester,where I live, the Airport is jointly owned by the surrounding district councils. So I would presume that a planning application would also raise conflicts of interest issues. Bit like Tesco applying to Sainsbury's to build a store next door really.

Yep, still the profit motive, hence the Gyppos are left alone - no profit there .. perhaps 4 or 5 pence in council tax one day -- If they are lucky !!
P

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
Bit like Tesco applying to Sainsbury's to build a store next door really.

Funny you should say that. For years, Sainsbury and Asda had a "gentlemen's agreement" not to build near each other. That was broken in 1983 in Stockport, where they built stores over the road from each other.

Things are obviously more cut-throat these days.

Back