1 1/4" 35mm fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Forgive the stupid question :oops:

I have some 1 1/4 inch pipes in my home which come from the boiler to the hot water tank coil & top floor heating.

I was wanting to make an adjustments one of these pipes.

I got these off ebay to see if they might fit, as they were cheap. Would love some imperial adaptors and conversion to 28mm.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250368864891

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250368865535

The T piece and socket fit over the pipe, with maybe a bit too much slop.

However the size adaptors are alot smaller and fit tightly inside the T piece and socket.

Why are these a different size ?
How are these size adaptors meant to be used

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Imperial to metric is what you need.

Would of been alot cheaper at the plumbers merchants.

Blimey I could make a killing at them prices :rolleyes:

Your old pipe is probably 11/4 imperial, A Yorkshire YP9 will convert to metric and you would want 2.

The fittings you have don't make sense.

Thanks. Will try and get some YP9

Although those may have been expensive, they are alot cheaper that some of the other copper fitting auctions. (only paid 1 lot of postage too)

Another question/option. I have some used 11/4" to 1"? convertors which I may use.

Is 1" pipe one of the sizes which converts dirrectly to metric, which I can then fit straight into a 28mm compression motorised valve ?

Sponsored Links
No, metric and imperial are two different sizes.

What exactly are you attempting to do :?:

If you explain what you are doing it would be easier.

The YP9 for example fits into the socket of the 35mm tee.

The convert 11/4 to 35mm you could use a YP1im slip, but then you would need a short piece of tube.

What is the 35mm tee for.

If you get 2 x YP1im slip, the 2 x reducers you have will fit into the ends, all you need then is the pipe to the valve.

Are there any safety issues you should be aware of, by fitting a MV into an unknown pipe, that is probably a gravity flow with an open vent on the end of it.

there are presently 2 Tee's in the pipe, which I might have to combine into one to make room for the valve.

The pipe goes to the cylinder coil.
Sadly there is no vent in the heating system, just a header tank.

So the YP1im would convert to 35mm ? which would fit straight into a reducer ? I would then need some 28mm pipe.

I don't want to be buying 35mm pipe

I added a pic to my album, but how do I show it in this post ?

The Yp1 im slip will allow the reducer YP6 to fit into one end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back