1 gang or 2 gang power socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am installing an extra double socket in the bedroom and running a spur from an existing socket.The existing socket has 2 cables running into it so I think it is ok to run a spur from it?.The new double socket I am fitting should be 1 gang or 2 gang,1 way or 2 way? thanks :)

Sponsored Links
A double socket is 2 gang by definition. There is no such thing as a two way socket.

I am installing an extra double socket in the bedroom and running a spur from an existing socket.The existing socket has 2 cables running into it so I think it is ok to run a spur from it?
That would depend on the type of circuit you have and whether you are already spurring from an existing spur and if the previous installer actually installed correctly!
The new double socket I am fitting should be 1 gang or 2 gang
That sounds like nonsense if it's a double socket plate it has two gangs on it not one!
1 way or 2 way?
Thats is generally a switching and would not apply to you standard 13A socket.

What you must do is install safely and in compliances to the requirements.
Cable if buried installed in safe zones and RCD protected. Newly installed sockets require RCD protection regardless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back