Would this be ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have had to remove a 2 gang socket to make way for a new gas boiler. This was installed and connected to an existing fused 5A switch. (Before I remove the socket it was linked to the adjoining 5A fused switch and in turn 'powered' the 2 gang socket & 2 x 2 gang sockets upstairs)

Naturally I had to remove the wire from the 5A Fused switch to the socket which has meant I have no power to the aforementioned 2 gang sockets(!) The removed 2 gang socket has been replaced by a 1 gang socket and is connected as previously to the upstairs...

My question is this

To connect power back to the 1 gang and subsequently the upstairs can I add a junction box between the fused 5A & the 1 gang??

Sorry if this is a tad long winded but its the only way I can explain!

Cheers for any help :)

Sponsored Links
Will the junction box be accessible for inspection? I.E Not under a floorboard or buried in a wall?

Sponsored Links
Hi, It would be in the ceiling void and accessible. I thought a JB as I wouldnt need to chase the wiring back to the fused switch?

Cheers again :)

Why are you using a jb, just install a new length of cable.
Its a valid point, I just wanted to avoid having to chase a cable back to the switch/socket as it's plastered in...?

:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back