Updated light switched and power socket but not sure which ones to buy?

I'd earth the switch, so that it's always protected - even when not screwed into the back box.
So would I.

And as to my comment on the "middle" light switch, as Infinity was compiling a list bits he needed, I assumed from his description of how the lights were operated, that there was one down stairs, one upstairs (which would have been an intermediate), and then a further one at the end of the corridor. We're all working from a distance, and sometime we're right, and sometime wrong.
In my bedroom the ceiling light is operated by:
  1. A switch on the wall right by the door - you don't even have to be in the room to reach it.
  2. A switch on the wall to the left of the headboard of the bed.
  3. A switch on the wall to the right of the headboard of the bed.

Which is the intermediate one?

Sponsored Links
Sorry to cause all this hassle guys.

I have one single switch downstairs and two single switches upstairs on either side on the stairs. I'll open them up and take some pics.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's the one with 4 wires and you can't get it in the finish you want without paying a small fortune!

DS

The point is that Aspergers or no, this:
If you've got 3 light switches, then the middle one will be an intermediate.
is nonsense.

And could be very misleading to someone who doesn't really understand how his switching works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back