100mm bathroom extractor through epdm flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi:)

apologies if this is in the wrong section a search threw up loads of different sub forums for bathroom extraction.

i'm renovating an 80's dormer, the bathroom which is upstairs under a dormer epdm flat roof is completely stripped out.

for info i'm also installing rigid pir insulation between and over all the timbers in the roof and dormer walls.

originally there was no extraction in the previous bathroom so to cover all bases i've had a fan installed by an electrician. This is sitting mocked up in the rough location on a stud wall, i now have to decide where/how is best to exhaust the fan to outside before progressing any further with the insualtion.

i think i have 2 options.

1. use rigid 100mm pipe install a non return vallve, come out 90 degrees, then install a condensation trap, then through the epdm roof.
if it can be made to work then this is my preferred option as i think it will be easiest to insulate around and requires the least material.

problem is i cannot find a 100mm vent suitable for an epdm roof, would a universal boot similar to what is on the soil pipe vent stack do the same job?

i also cannot find any 100mm pipe that looks suitable to exit the roof, should i be looking at using 110mm soil pipe to go through the roof then use a reducer to connect up to the 100mm stuff inside?

heres a terrible pic to hopefully show what i'm trying so say:-/

the other option is to run flexible or rigid 100mm from the fan along the rafter into the centre of the house where the small roof apex is. Then install a vent tile and connect everything to that.

this will be harder to install all the insualtion etc but seems to be more off the shelf items available to make it work.

or is there another option?? any other advice or info welcome many thanks:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back