110v euro plug-(funny)

• Thread starter wouldbplummer
  • Start date
W

wouldbplummer

when on holiday last year got back to hotel room after swim showerd went to dry my hair for the first time looked for plug adaptor wonderd if hair dryer would work

pluged in wit bit of caution switch on yes i thought works well switched up to hot setting and WHAM it was like a blow torch,paint gun glowing orange inside, burnt top of head very sore for rest of hol in sun,room smelt of burnt hair, so droped the dryer it layed there smoking for 10 mins found out the hard way that all euro hotels are not 110v so switched dryer back to 240v setting and tryed again this time wit more caution pointing away from me and all was fine the dryer still works today not that i have any hair to dry anymore.......may this be a lesson to someone. :oops: :cool:

Sponsored Links
So you thought that switching the hairdryer to it's 110v setting was correct in a european hotel? WRONG!

Europe is harmonised at 230v, the other setting is pretty much for the USA only.

oh yes how wrong was i,cheers m8 i realise that now you would think things would get easyer with age, no point getting older if you dont get wiser, think i must be in higher education will leave wit a degree in f... ups.

ninebob said:
Europe is harmonised at 230v, the other setting is pretty much for the USA only.
and the rest of north america and a fair chunk of south america and japan and a few other small areas.

most of europe asia africa and australasia is arround 230V though.

Sponsored Links
you should always put it on the hgher voltage. if its wrong, itll be fairly cold, but less chance of blowin up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back