1200 gauge damp proof membrane size problem on conservatory?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Wonder if anyone can help with a question regarding my DIY conservatory build.

I have just blinded off the hardcore with building sand and am ready to lay the blue membrane before doing the floor (3 sections of 12cm thick concrete with metal strengthening grid).

Problem is, the blue membrane sheeting only seems to come in 4m width. My conservatory is 5.5m wide x 4m out. The sheet, with fold ups and over inner cavity is more than 4m.

Can I join 2 pieces together with gaffer or something? Seems ridiculous there isn't wider lenghs available.

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Thank you. I think I will make the join neared the house end. The roll is 15m long, so I could probably do 2 layers to be sure.

Cheers :D

2 layers? Why bother? Understand its little extra effort and you have all the gear anyway but still overkill.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, your probably right lol. I'll just do the one and keep the roll in the shed for any future projects.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back