12v 35w eco (50w) MR16 to LED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace my halogen bulbs to LED.

Current lamps MR16 are fire rated recessed in a group of 6, using 12v - 35w eco (50w) bulbs. Each lamp powered by a transformer (Primary 240v) - (Secondary min 20 - max 60va) automatic resetting type and fully dimmable.

Any advice of a replacement LED with approx 45deg beam for the 35w hal and if transformer is compatible for LED use.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you got some more details on the transormers you have can they supply more than one light?

It's the minimum output that could be the problem. RF lighting might be along to give you some better advice.....

Finding LED lamps that are 20W may be a problem likely you will need to change the inverters (transformers) although using for example 4 x 5W lamps on a single transformer would give the load required should one lamp blow then the inverter could either shut down or be damaged so really not a good idea.

Also read this report on down lighters I am considering with the one room where lighting pods are fitted replacing them and plastering up the holes.

Sponsored Links
Scaremongering b*ll*cks mostly, written by someone who either doesn't know what he is talking about or has vested interests.

It opens badly, with the misrepresentations of statistics by the govt and NICEIC, it ignores the results of actual testing and it ends with a demonstration that the author doesn't even know what Low Voltage is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back