1480mm long bath with handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just removed an old standard single-ended bath which has had it, but is an unusual size - 1480mm long. I want to replace it with one of the same length but with handles.

Anyone come across such a thing?

I have found a small number of that size but not with handles, and of those, none which look to have space to mount a set either.

There is no scope to cut a 1500 long bath into the walls, and I'd prefer not to go down to the next standard size of 1400 + filler panel if I can avoid it, as 1480 is already pretty short.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I can't think of any bath made @ 1480mm - it's not a replacement imperial and it's not a standard metric size.

It may seem an obvious question but have you checked your measurement?

I can't think of any bath made @ 1480mm - it's not a replacement imperial and it's not a standard metric size.

It may seem an obvious question but have you checked your measurement?

I did, and as I mentioned, I have found a small number of baths in that size. Couple of examples:

https://www.soakology.co.uk/baths/s...rio-1480-x-700-single-ended-acrylic-bath-tub/
http://amgbathrooms.com/kelso-bath-standard-1480x685mm

As for the origins, all I can tell you is the bath that came out had a 1994 date stamp on it. 1480mm does seem to be a popular length in many modern free-standing baths too, so I guess there must be some reason behind it somewhere!

What I may end up doing is adding handles inside rather than on the top edge.

Sponsored Links
Well I'll learnt something new today - still foxed by the odd measurement though!

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back