15/22mm cold feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there much benefit of taking a 22mm cold supply in a house to the boiler before it splits to feed the boiler and the rest of the house. The pressure in the area is good. Obviously the outlet from the combi hot is 15mm so the hot will all be in 15mm.

Sponsored Links
Not often I disagree with the other pro's on here but .... I must be honest and have to say yes, I'd keep all mains supplies @ 22mm and only drop to 15mm at the branch off points.

I will always try to run a 22mm back bone for any mains supplies and drop to 15mm when branching off, IMO it maximises flow and keeps the water velocity down to minimise flow noise & turbulence/noisy pipework

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Water mains is in the kitchen drill through to garage to the boiler. Would only be 22mm cold to the boiler if I did take 22mm

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back