16A Ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be ok to have 4 S/O wired in 2.5mm T&E ring main and supllied by a 16A MCB? It would be 3 S/O in new sunroom and 1 outside S/O. It just seems alot to use a 32A MCB to supply only 4 S/O which would use minimual amount of power, prob TV an lamp.

Sponsored Links
It's fine by me.
It doesn't have to be a ring either, you could just do a radial.

I wired my house in a similar way (several 16Amp) radials rather than a couple of big 32Amp rings.

It's been this way for a couple of years now, I've never had the MCBs trip (which I thought might occasionally occur considering the lower rating)

-Dan

Ooops forgot to say.

Don't forget part P and use an RCD or RCBO because the sockets are on the ground floor and one of them is an outside socket.

-Dan

Sponsored Links
Toasty - 16amp radials are outdated. It's 20amp for 2.5mm radials.

A sunroom will often end up having a heater......when the sun has gone.

A 32amp 4mm radial would be easier......or just bung a ring in.

Odd that you are happy to install a ring, and then deliberately put a 16amp breaker on it?? Whats the point?? Do you think you will be saving electric or something :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back