18 litre extra Expansion Vessel for Vaillant ecoTEC plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I want to get one of these installed into a mid size terrace with 5 people living in it. It already comes with a 10 litre internal expansion vessel, but I have been told I should get an extra 18 litre external epansion vessel. I am short of space in the kitchen cupboard where the old Vaillant fits- is this really necessary? Would this not give me 10 + 18 litres which is almost 3 times standard? Maybe I should be directed to a bigger model? All advice appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Very roughly speaking anything over a system volume of 100 litres and you require an additional vessel.

Hello.
There are 8 radiators. I can understand that when there is, say 100 litres in the system, 10 litres might not be enough, but does that mean allow for 10% expansion and so 8 rads might be 160 litres so I would only need a 6 litre expansion, not another 18 litres?
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
If you look in the manual it will tell you what if any additional expansion vessel and size is required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back