1950-60's MoBikes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Identical model to my first bike on the left side... The newer model over on the right side.
Villiers 250 two-stroke twins, except one.
How could we have let the motorcycle business fall apart? Having been making pretty little bikes like that around 58-63'ish.
Note the alloy guards, leading link front forks and sculpted fuel tanks.
Norman-day-2.jpg

Pure nostalgia.
;)

Sponsored Links
:D :D See rule 78,000,975.0025-a I guess ! ;)

no, that rule says all pizzas must be delivered within 30 minutes of ordering or your money back

Sponsored Links
Bloody old stinkwheels ;) :LOL: :LOL: Norton 19, BSA c. 12, Triumph 6T,Morini Strada350, Triumph Trident. that`s more like it:cool:

Kawasaki kh750 triple 2 stroke :evil: :evil: original greenmeanie 0-60 in 3.5 secs-------------none of ya old leaky oil Brit rubbish

That "short fused bomb of erstwhile notoriety" LJK Setright.....Bike mag ;) alright in a straight line :oops: ......... I`ve owned those listed ;) didn`t count my mates ones I borrowed :LOL:

My bro has a Triumph Bonneville, the new one. Looks very much like the original 1960 ones! Hand-painted gold stripes on the fuel tank, excellent. 900cc V-twin, air-cooled.

Only difference is that now when you go 100mph on one you probably wouldn't bother telling anyone, let alone see it as an achievement to boast about :LOL:

Dinasours ! :eek: :eek:
Blimey, we were experimenting with different petroil mixes even in those days, near mid twenties petrol to oil mix worked ok, with much less exhaust smoke.
The little 2t 250 twin actually was not leaky even with joints in the vertical plane... The Jap secret was using the horizontal plane IIRC.

We were not that concerned with outright performance, those among our peers who were naturally 'quick', had mostly moved on to circuit racing ..
Some were quite notable.
Straight line speeding never impressed them, and eventually most of us not a jot.
:D :D :D

Less oil in petroil mix=richer mixture thru carb= slightly more power ;) Filtrate, with "coloidal graphite" was good- could scrape into the 40`s;1 ratio -just. They`ll go on into their 70`s with a good lubing

Cannot remember the drill bit size now .. but boring out the main jet a little on the Villiers 2t gave a little more urge.
We were lucky with port work, a wizard old polisher in the aerospace company could work wonders on car or bike, matching shape and volume, smoothing and mirrorwork ..
All those sexy metals, k-lock nuts 'n bolts, heat treatment and machining facilities, a wonderous age to be playing with motors.
;)

markie said:
there is a 50-60 year old bike round my area, shes been well serviced over the years :LOL:
Always one ! :eek: :eek:

markie
Aye... shes a jolly good ride an when wet (as Donald Campbell !) she can be hard to keep on ....lol

Sponsored Links
Back