1st Day Garden Room Build Chaos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a garden room down the bottom of the garden, plenty of excitement leading up to start day (today) and I now have one massive worry, the room faces the house so no boundary there obviously but on the other 3 sides there is 600mm all the way round I chose a room that had a "planning friendly height" 2.5mtr as it is close to the boundary and so doesn't require planning, however they have started the build today, floor in, walls on, sips roof on, and I have been out and measured at the front and it is 2600mm from the slabs on the ground at the front and 2400 from the slabs on the ground at the back, the way I see it when they come back in the morning they need telling to pack up tools or reduce the height to 2.5 max all round, to be fair the ground around it is not level, but surely 2.5 max is 2.5 max ? any help advice guidance anything at all is of great help at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the reply, I have read this but don't fully understand how to measure this the slabs at the back of the room are definitely higher than the ones immediate in front but whether that is 4 inches or not I don't know.

Do you mean paving slabs?

In anycase it doesn't matter whether there is 4 inches difference or 4m, you measure from the highest one.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for this info most helpful, I have had a measure, if I turned what appears to be the highest point of the room (front left) to what is the highest point of the ground (back right) it wouldn't bust 2.5 however the fall of the ground makes the front left corner appear at 2.6.

Karl

This seems to come down to about 4". Planning won't take any action on this because enforcement is not appropriate for a 'minor or technical breach where no harm is done'.
Stop worrying about it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back