2 cold radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there ,
I have a potterton suprima 30 boiler. As I understand it on a fully pumped system supplying 9 radiators and hot water for my bungalow on a small bore system{pipes about thickness of litle finger at rads}. After draining and refilling the system I had a lot of banging from the boiler but that has now cleared. However Find that the 2 furthest radiators remain cold and that the boiler keeps cutting out on overheat :cry: . The pump in the loft seems a little suspect but on its high setting and by use of the bleed screw seem to be able to coax it a little bit. Tried switching off the rads that work ok so as to divert water to the blocked / airlocked rads. And also flushing the rads by removing / opening the bottom drain near control valve on radiator and also bleeding all rads{with system off but still have 2 far rads not heating}. The system is about 10 yrs old and has a significant amount of corrosion

What would you reccomend I try next?

Sponsored Links
Take the inop rads off and flush, check that water runs out of the flow and return pipes to those rads, if not, flush those pipes too.

Hi there,
Thanks for the advice. I managed to clear the flow eventualy by turning off working rads..... But had further problems with the pump so after much ado replaced it and then everything has worked just fine.
Thanks again best regards,
Chriso :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back