2 gang 2 way switches

The point I'm trying to make Robbie is that if you can look at a perfectly clear drawing of two switches linked by 3C+E, with one of the switches having a twin & earth cable dropping down from the light, and been told in writing that your drop cables will be twin & earth still think that maybe the way to wire it is with "one light switch connected to another using the 3C+E cable and the 3C+E cable goes to the the/ one of the lights" then for whatever reason you just cannot get your head around electrical stuff, and therefore you should leave it alone.

Something this simple should not be a struggle . Something this simple should not need more explaining than those drawings provide. Something this simple should be "oh yeah - I see exactly how that hangs together, no problem".

I do not see it as this site's role to "inspire" you to do work on something you clearly cannot understand.

Good point well put and unfortunately too often appropriate.

Sponsored Links
I do not see it as this site's role to "inspire"

This I can quite believe. People post on forums for different reasons. I post because I am interested in DIY I like to try and learn. I do not profess to be an expert in any area but I like to try and get things correct and understand them. Perhaps I need more reassurance than other people. These are my reasons for posting on this forum. I
have a lot of respect for the experts on this forum and i think being respectful to people is very important.

This is a public forum and I have the right to post my questions as you have the right to criticise my questions as you perceive them to be a waste of time.

I understand that you get impatient with similar questions being asked and that people have spent a lot of time writing articles in the wiki. I am grateful for this also and as with most things "easy when you know how".

Perhaps you should refrain from adding into threads concerning issues you deem as "something this simple" as they obviously irritate you, when there are others with what seems like limitless patience, like electronicsuk who helps give personal advice on a Saturday night and keeps the forum a positive and welcoming place.

:D :D

I have written, and continue to write, what I do because I am genuinely concerned for your safety, and that of others in your house and in the future.

I am genuinely concerned that anyone who cannot understand the simple diagrams they have looked at, particularly when augmented by plain English written words in this thread, should think they can still go ahead if they get just a little more encouragement, or a little more explanation.

Of course it is true that everything is easy when you know how, but this is so easy that if you don't know how after looking at a diagram showing exactly how then you should take that as a sign that this sort of work is not for you.

There are people who, no matter how much effort they put in, will never be able to play the piano passably well. Does that make them thick, or stupid? No.

Does it mean that if playing the piano badly could kill someone they shouldn't lay their hands on the keys? Yes.

There are people who, no matter how much effort they put in, will never be able to learn to speak a foreign language.. Does that make them thick, or stupid? No.

Does it mean that if speaking a foreign language badly could kill someone they shouldn't do it? Yes.

Sponsored Links
I have written, and continue to write, what I do because I am genuinely concerned for your safety, and that of others in your house and in the future.

I am genuinely concerned that anyone who cannot understand the simple diagrams they have looked at, particularly when augmented by plain English written words in this thread, should think they can still go ahead if they get just a little more encouragement, or a little more explanation.

Of course it is true that everything is easy when you know how, but this is so easy that if you don't know how after looking at a diagram showing exactly how then you should take that as a sign that this sort of work is not for you.

There are people who, no matter how much effort they put in, will never be able to play the piano passably well. Does that make them thick, or stupid? No.

Does it mean that if playing the piano badly could kill someone they shouldn't lay their hands on the keys? Yes.

There are people who, no matter how much effort they put in, will never be able to learn to speak a foreign language.. Does that make them thick, or stupid? No.

Does it mean that if speaking a foreign language badly could kill someone they shouldn't do it? Yes.

In that case you should be commended!
What I understand as a sanctamonious gloating retort is really aimed purely and for no other reason than safety....... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back