2 Mainsboost Cold Water 450l Accumulators - only 1 filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am hoping someone may kindly be able to help with the problem as per the thread title. I will explain the setup:

Non mains water inlet into holding tank then gravity fed into house, then into 2 accumulators via a Mainsboost charger. Been working fine for many years. During recent cold weather the external pipes/tank froze. This happens quite often due to being in an area which has very cold weather. Once defrosted everything normally kicks back in working. This time we received an error on the mainsboost charger saying it had failed. It had indeed failed and has now been replaced. So onto the issue, following the charger replacement, only 1 of the accumulators is filling. Plumber has checked everything he thinks and ST (Stuart Turner) tech help have been very helpful but to no avail.

Having tested the diaphragm in the vessel which is not filling, there is no water coming out of the schrader valve so the presumption is it is fine. All inlet valves are open to the vessel.

There has been lots of mentions of the vessel pressure. Today the readings for the 2 vessels were 0.95 bar for the one filling and 1.2 for the other one. The suggestion was to set the pressure to be the same for both which we have done. The mains pressure reading is 1.5 bar, so am I right in thinking the differential will mean the pressure on the vessels needs to be lower?

On setting the pressure on both vessels to 0.95bar and restarting the charger the same thing happened, only 1 vessel filled. If we shut off the inlet valve to the vessel which is filling and only leave the other one open, still no water goes into it. The charge continues running until the auto 180min cutout kicks in.

I really am hoping someone can help. Is there anything else, obvious or not, which is likely? We are in a very rural area and finding plumbers who can help is proving difficult. ST do not have any technicians anywhere in the county.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back