2 Plumbers 2 Different Views 2 Different Quotes _ Help Plea

bengasman - I have discovered I live in "the house that jack built" but I have to live with it and make the necessary changes so probably the whole thing is wrong but I need to try and fix it. If I put on the upstairs circuit only ( 6 rads ) it is still slow but gets there eventually. When the system gets up to speed say after 1 hour all the rads are very hot it just takes forever
I am afraid it is not so much a matter of the pump not being strong enough, but an utterly botched up design. 6 rads should get piping hot with a 15/50 pump on setting one in 10 minutes flat.

Sponsored Links
try putting STRATHTAY into Google maps ;)

this house that we fixed belonged to the head of HR for a multinational bank

the garage was 4 cars width and 10 cars length long

the house was fitted with,after a bit of a think 22 double panel rads minimum 1.4 metres long 600 high

very long run from this garage to the main house, bypassing the shooting lodge and serfs old quarters

Grundfoss 25/80 installed to replace a 15/60

job done

this houses next door neighbour (1.1 miles away)

J.K.Rowling ;)

I think as an economic quick fix I might add a second Wilo 60 in parallel and see how that performed.

Many of the commercial pumps have an excessive price tag which is out of keeping with commercial pumps.

We installed 48 kW of boilers and had to use existing 28 mm pipework but I used two DAB pumps in parallel and it worked fine.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back