2 Power Showers in the one house.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment I have a mixer shower in the en suite. I am planning to add a pump to increase the water pressure.

I am also planning to add a shower to the bathroom. I have contemplated an electric shower but they do not supply the water pressure of a power shower. My question is;
To install a power shower such as a Mira Event in the bathroom, can I tee the hot and cold pipes on the inlets to the pump? Or do I have to install a new hot and cold feed to the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Taydo.

But, I was wondering if the 2 showers were being used, allowing for enough hot water, would the pipe work need to be seperate.

99.9% of the time they will not be used together so I don't see any problems with the tee'sbefore the pump.

Sponsored Links
Any pump whether integral to a box on the wall or not, should have the hot to come straight from a flange on the HW cylinder, and the cold from a dedicated pipe from the loft CW cistern. Otherwise they can suck air into a tap when it's opened.

You often see things done incorrectly, with shortcomings lived with. Or, if you're lucky you get away with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back