need advice on adding a pump to extension bathroom to boost pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have an extension on my house and have an en suite bathroom that is fed from a 22mm hot and cold feed off the main system my question is can I add a pump to this part of the system as it goes through the loft to get to the extension bathroom and the pressure is not great and I want to have a powerful shower in that bathroom,

I have a seperate shower pump in the main bathroom that is in the airing cupboard where the hot water tank is so can I utilise this or add another pump?

As you can probably gather I am no expert!
Regards
Tony

Sponsored Links
It depends on the delivery output of your existing pump, check the make and model no.
Some are only rated for one outlet, others have a higher pressure and flow rate to handle multiple bathroom/ensuite applications.
You also need to consider your cold water supply tank, is it big enough and adequately fed, to run say two pumps simultaneously without running dry and causing problems.
A separate pump needs its own dedicated feed from the supply tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back