Magic Pressure Boosting Valve!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was I dreaming or did I see a valve which could boost the pressure of gravity fed hot water by using the pressure of the mains cold water rather than an electric pump?

Some context:
I have a twin impeller pump for a shared bathroom but it’s really noisy and wakes the whole house in the mornings.
I have a shallow loft and my shower head is probably 2-3 feet lower than the tank and I don’t think I’m going to get much more height on it
My en-suite has a mixer with shower, I have the hot fully open but the slightest touch of the cold and it goes from scalding to freezing

Assuming the PBV is in my imagination what would you go for:
1. Newer quieter pump that can feed 2 showers? (of so, which one?)
2. PEV on my en-suite shower? (not sure if the pressure of the hot will be sufficient to have a decent shower if both feeds are the same as the hot)
3. Cold showers?

Sponsored Links
Trevis do a Trevi Boost shower mixer which uses the venturi principle where water under mains pressure is pushed through a small nozzle which draws in hot water from a full bore pipe and increases the pressure. Whether you can get something bigger with the same principle i don't know.

Thanks, you both pointed me in the right direction! The name I was trying to remember was Hydroflo, unfortunately they seem to have been discontinued due to unreliability. :(

Looks like I’m going for a nice quiet Salamander ESP Twin pump to run both showers from.

Anyone want to buy a used Showerforce EasiBoost? I'll throw in some free earplugs! :)

Sponsored Links
That is louder than I was expecting, about the same as my washing machine…
The ESP75 at over £300 might have put a Megaflo eco solar cylinder back on the table as an option, I have been considering installing some solar water tubes for a while now but have been put off by the cost. You can get the Megaflo cylinder for ~£800 and it will hopefully prevent the need for a “Quiet*” pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back