Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I recently had my bathrooms refitted (main bathroom, en-suite and downstairs toilet). I have a gravity fed system, and based on the size of the showerheads (8 inches wide) I was advised to get a 3bar shower pump (by Salamander), however now I find the pressure is really high water is really fast in my hot water. Is there any way I can reduce the pressure? Or do I need to replace the brand new shower pump with maybe a 2 bar or even 1.8??

Sponsored Links
Don't turn the shower on full, just turn it on half way

Other than that, yes you'll need to replace the pump

Thank you for replying, the shower is fine not a problem just a couple of taps and the douches I have fitted there is far too much pressure and if the douche is left on after a while water will start to leak out.
I have been informed a pressure regulator could be fitted but I have no idea what this is or how it would work.
Ideally I don't want to change the pump as it costs me quite a bit and only been fitted 2 weeks I wouldn't be able to return it now

Sponsored Links
What about a 15mm to 8mm reduction before the tap and then back again?

Not sure if I have missed something here but a shower pump should be fitted into the shower feed. that way it would only come on if the shower is used and not when you turn on a tap.

I wanted to improve the water pressure (especially the hot water) throughout the house, as my hot water pressure is very low. He feels the 3 bar pump as advised by Salamander. When. The shower pump is turned off the water just trickles out of the taps

Don't worry your salamander pump wont stay powerful for long. Particularly if its not been installed close to your hot water tank.

Not sure if I have missed something here but a shower pump should be fitted into the shower feed. that way it would only come on if the shower is used and not when you turn on a tap.

Provided the shower pump is specified for use to supply other taps then it's a common practice to boost other outlets.

just a couple of taps and the douches I have fitted there is far too much pressure and if the douche is left on after a while water will start to leak out.
If taps are leaking at 3 bar they are defective. 3 bar is nothing unusual, mains supplied hot water systems operate around that pressure. Cold mains supplies are often higher than that, up to 10 bar in some areas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back