Recommended shower pump brand, pressure, and positioning?

As we already have the radiators and existing system boiler in place, would that make it at least somewhat cheaper to install a combi system than if we were installing from scratch?

Sponsored Links
As we already have the radiators and existing system boiler in place, would that make it at least somewhat cheaper to install a combi system than if we were installing from scratch?

There are ifs and buts but it's worth looking into....... Are you in a flat? Where is you gas meter?

We are in a flat, the gas meter is just under the sink so below where the boiler is. I guess we'd need to test the mains supply before doing anything as I understand a pump can't be installed with a combi.

Sponsored Links
We are in a flat, the gas meter is just under the sink so below where the boiler is. I guess we'd need to test the mains supply before doing anything as I understand a pump can't be installed with a combi.

If your main pressure is OK you won't need a pump.

Sink and gas meter right by the boiler? It's looking good..

Well, we didn't waste a beat on this. Decided to upgrade to a combi. Tanks have been ripped out and new boiler installed. The airing cupboard has been built around the tank we're pretty sure, making us wonder whether it had been here since the 60s?! The water inside was dark, dark brown from the rust, revolting... Big cost investment but worth it in the long run (we hope!!)

Our mains pressure is very strong too, can't wait for the first shower!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back