2 way dimmer - odd markings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have purchased 2 way dimmer from H*mebase - very smart 'electronic' dimmer but has odd markings on terminals - at present I have red on L1, blue on L2 and yellow on L3. New switch has L, Sw, and a 'wave' symbol with diagonal arrow thru it. Instructions state that Live/Common (brown or red) should connect to L, blue or black (with brown or red taping) connects to Sw from L1 of second switch, and the 'wave' connects to 'lamps' via blue or black (with brown or red taping). I am just a bit confused!!
BTW if any use the item is labelled 'CASSA Double Dimmer 250watt 2way' - I plan to operate two x two way dimmers (on different rooms)

Sponsored Links
Hi, Sneakypete,

I've just bought a two way dimmer switch in France and it has the same markings, except with two terminals marked "L". There were no wiring instructions!!!

I've tried every combination of wiring but cannot get it to work two way. The other original two way switch cuts the power to the light, but the new dimmer won't turn it back on again.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Any advice would be welcome,

Dave H

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back