2 WAY SWITCH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is my dilema, I have a 2 gang 2 way switch call this (switch A), 1 controlling the ceiling light - no problem, on the second switch of the 2 gang 2 way I have 2 x 4 core cables one going to a switch one side of the bed and another switch the other side call these (switch B and C), these switches are for wall lights above the bed. (On the Switch B) 1gang 2 way I have a 4 core and the switch wire, and on the other 1 gang 2way (Switch C) I have just a 4 core. My problem is when I have all the switches connected, eg I switch A the bed lights come on I go to switch B to switch off nothing happens until I switch A off and now when I press switch B it works??? Now if I disconnect switch C and put the wires in connector block. I switch A and the lights come on and I switch B and the lights switch off. Now I am banging my head aginst the wall. If you understand what I have written and can help it would be greatly appreciated. :cry:

Sponsored Links
it should be simple to solve, what hve you just changed to cause this problem (switch a, b , c or all)

Your problem has got me puzzled.
Are you saying Three seperate two way switches are controlling one light or set of lights.
If you are then there's the problem
If three switches are controlling one light or set of lights then only two of the switches are two way, the third switch has to be an intermediate switch.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back