2004 renault trafic abs problem,abs and serv lights on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my renault trafic has been sitting un used for six months in the uk and over winter

now its being used again the abs and serv light have come on and stay on

ive had the sencors at the wheels checked and im told they are fine following a road test with lap top diagnostics plugged in

im suspecting a corroded connection but thats because im an electrician :rolleyes:

anyone know where the earth points are located, the fuse and any other experienced based pointers

Sponsored Links
if the abs light is on its logged a fault which should be read to determine the problem area. I would have thought whoever tested the wheel speed sensors would have done this?

yes they did but the code and description was very generic hence this course of action before we start changing parts

ive found the fuse and thats fine.

anything to contribute?

Sponsored Links
sorry to be vague, the guy is on holiday so im trying to do what i can untill he comes back.

im not sure of the code but he said it was related to the rears.

ive found the fuse and earth point and checked and cleaned to eliminate that part.

the rear sensor ive just checked is reading 20 odd meg ohms and open circuit if i reverse polarity (diode inside that ditches the residual magnetic charge?)

this is super high, what should it be?

i expected ohms not meg

right, ive tested all 4 sencors and three are between 19.88 m ohms anmd 20.22 m ohms

one is 12.46 m ohms so i need to find what they should be

right, ive tested all 4 sencors and three are between 19.88 m ohms anmd 20.22 m ohms

one is 12.46 m ohms so i need to find what they should be

I have the same issue with my 2003 movano but my van doesn’t come with any abs pump at all and I don’t know how to fix this issue before I take it to mot.

Back