2007 VW Polo Tailgate Moulding Removal

C

cabot

Anyone give advice on how to remove an interior tailgate moulding which is fitted internally to the hatchback.I need to remove it, to gain access to the rear wiper motor as the washer pipe seems to have come apart for some reason .Annoyingly the car has just run out of warranty in June 2010.I don't want to break it trying to get it off. Is it held on with any hidden screws or just metal clips and how much does Volkswagen charge for a replacement part if the inevitable happens ?

Sponsored Links
Not sure, but the Golf has two screws and some very secure clips around the edge.
Examine closely and you will find the screws, I think they are in the pull down handles (Golf). Then cover a screwdriver with insulating tape to protect the paint and prise the plastic away from the door frame. use your fingers more than the screwdriver as they wont do as much damage. Once you get one or two clips off the rest will come easy.
Cost of replacement, around the same as a small island off Scotland.

The washer usually leaks as it passes through the the wiper motor body (Golf) and usually a small O ring will reseal it for you.

But take your time as its an ordeal to get in, never mind fix the leak.

Sponsored Links
No idea you will have to check with VW.
Not something that you would buy new, usually get from a breaker (10stg) or a little super glue. It wont break into pieces, just crack.

Back