22mm gravity feed or 15 mm pumped feed for bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, so I'm refurbing the bathroom, and tying to decide how to fill the bath....

I'll have H & C 22mm feeds from the HWC and the cold tank in the loft (8 ft above the bath) which I could connect to the bath taps, or....

I'm planning on fitting one of the Aqualisa Quartz pumped showers over the bath and I see they now do a diverter and overflow filler which can use the pumped Quartz unit to fill the bath.

Which will fill the bath the quickest.....Individual H&C 22mm feeds, or a single pumped 15 mm feed..??

(and does anyone know what sort of pressure (bar) these Aqualisa Quartz pumped units put out..? I can't find it anywhere, all they give is an approx flow rate)

Sponsored Links
"3/4" taps will give you about 20 litres per minute each with that setup. More than from the shower in other words.

ok, thanks ChrisR.

Tha Quartz pump supposedly gives 12-13 Lpm, or 18 Lpm on "boost" so yes, the 22mm feeds seems the way to go.

if you can gets lots of flow from a 22mm pipe, why would you want to add extra cost and complexity by using a pump instead?

Sponsored Links
if you can gets lots of flow from a 22mm pipe, why would you want to add extra cost and complexity by using a pump instead?

To give the best flow for a shower.... the bath taps will be approx 8 ft below the CW tank, but the shower head will only be about 2 ft below the tank... so much less pressure, so needs pumping.

OK, so I can see you need a pump for a forcefull shower, but not for the bath

OK, so I can see you need a pump for a forcefull shower, but not for the bath

Agreed... but while I was installing a pumped shower and there was an option to have it fill the bath too, I wondered whether to go that way, or stick with the "traditional" method of 22mm bath taps...hence my original question... :)

The shower diverter would mean slightly less plumbing too...:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back