Water feeds into bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've found kind of similar posts to this before, but not exactly matching my situation.

Currently into my bathroom I've got:
- 15mm mains feed in, supplying toilet, cold basin tap and through to outside tap (via non-return etc.)
- 22mm cold feed from storage tank in, supplying shower.
- 22mm hot feed from cylinder in, supplying shower and hot basin tap.
- No bath currently.
- Also coming in is radiator feed + return, giving grand total of 5 pipes entering bathroom in one place.

Plan is to fit a small bath + new shower to replace existing shower cubicle. Also replace basin.
New basin tap is mixer, new bath taps separates.
Shower is mixer, also have shower pump to fit somewhere sensible.

As I understand it, it's highly recommended to fit shower pump on dedicated supplies (inc. flange on cylinder), but the idea of adding two new 22mm pipes to the 5 existing ones kind of makes me a little crazy.

I was thinking, I could use the mains feed to supply toilet, basin as previous, and also the new bath cold tap; thus meaning the existing 22mm cold feed from storage tank could be dedicated to shower pump.
Think I'd still need a single new 22mm in for hot supply to shower pump.
Basically I think I'm saying - can I connect the bath cold tap to the mains?

Does this sound like a plan? Or does anyone have any other bright ideas how to reduce the number of feeds. I presume T-ing off for the pump is ultimately the wrong thing to do. I was wondering about pumping all of the appliances (shower H&C, bath H&C and basin H) but that seems dodgy too for some reason. Also I was worried that pumping the bath might drain the tanks too quickly.

Any advice appreciated,

Surreywill.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply denso.

Do you need shower pump though? What about power shower which has its own integral pump? You can use existing existing supplies then.
The horse has bolted there. Got pump as unexpected gift from Dad upon moving into house 2 years ago. Also, shower has gone through extremely rigorous 6 month selection criteria, courtesy of Mrs. Surreywill, and has since been purchased.
Not to mention the fact we don't have an inch to spare - if my recollection of power-showers is correct they take up quite a bit more space than shower and pump separately.

Cheers,

SW.

In that case you will have to fit an extra pipe, as your suggestion above. Women :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back