22mm Isolation Valves Under Combi Boiler - Leaking !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch 240 Combi Boiler. Just under the boiler unit (in fact attached to the bottom plate of the boiler) are several isolation valves, the lefthand two being larger 22mm valves.

I drained the system to replace some radiator valves. After doing so, I turned these valves 90 degrees to the off position. I carried out all my work on the radiators no problem.

However, when I've come to turn the isolation valves back to the on position, one of them has started leaking from the swivelling 90 degree bit (i.e. where you place your flathead screwdriver).

I'm guessing the valve is goosed but would like some expert opinions. I've tried everything but can't stop this leaking. Therefore I've had to knock the water off and drain the whole system again. I'm typing this is below zero temperatures without heating or hot water, so advice is much needed!!

What do you call these valves (so I can ask a parts store for a replacement quote)?

Are they just isolating valves or something more special?

Are they part of the boiler or separate (they seem to be attached to boiler by a large hex nut which is clamping the valves onto a metal horizontal plate, which is part of the bottom of the boiler)?

Many thanks in advance. Desperate to fix this asap. :eek:

Sponsored Links
You just might be able to stop or reduce the leaking by wiggling them either side of the "on" position.

They can be expensive like £35 each. I would call them "boiler central heating isolation valves".

Of course they may have a different name just to be difficult!

Or they may have the old army classification:-

valves, for the isolation of, boiler parts, Worcester 1994-1998.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back