23rd June Deadline for option out of your detailed NHS data beimg sent to the likes of Google etc

• NHS Digital will never sell your data.
  • The cheque is in the post
  • I wont *** in your mouth
  • We hold all the cards
  • I will lie down in front of those bulldozers and stop the construction of that third runway

Sponsored Links
They are going to create a massive database of everyone records separate to your current data set with your GP and at the hospital.

This new database - third parties like Google will access and they can then get even more data about your health - something which should have the highest priority.

Galahad, relax. Go out for a drink, meet some new people, make some new friends. Everything's going to be alright. Really.

Just had this from the NHS. The spelling and grammar is bloody atrocious!

DAA06149-13C0-4FED-B37C-D3B37EDF1FBC.png

Sponsored Links
It’s not. The link says it’s for research and planning. I don’t have a problem with that. If we want a health service to cater for us, what’s wrong with them using your data for research and planning for the future? Better that than keeping quiet and finding out in 10 years time they haven’t got the infrastructure to cope with the way that people are getting illnesses because people kept quiet about it.

Why not go one further - go to your doctor, tell him you’re ill, refuse to tell him the symptoms but expect a cure!

You really have no idea what you are saying.

Are you as mad as you are old? They are not limiting to research. For a limited fee you anyone can access the data. The NHS has been asked what restrictions they will put in place and they have not responded.

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to defend this. Show some backbone.

You really have no idea what you are saying.

Are you as mad as you are old? They are not limiting to research. For a limited fee you anyone can access the data. The NHS has been asked what restrictions they will put in place and they have not responded.

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to defend this. Show some backbone.
If I asked you a question and you didn’t respond, does that mean I can interpret your non answer as the one I’m looking for? If the NHS has not responded, you don’t know that there are restrictions do you? Even I f the data is sold, so ****ing what? Just what do you think are they going to do with your data that they buy? Blackmail you? No, they will try to work out what you may want in the future and try to sell it to you. It won’t be compulsory for you to buy it.

I can't see where it says they will give Google etc access to the database.

Or is it that the medical research centres (astrazeneca etc) will be able to sell your information?

Screenshot_2021-06-11-23-49-19-09.jpg

I can't see where it says they will give Google etc access to the database.

Or is it that the medical research centres (astrazeneca etc) will be able to sell your information?

View attachment 236191

So first who is providing the tech to analyse this data - Google, MS, Palantir etc

The controls on what they can do with this data have not been made clear. NHS Digital have been asked how the data will be accessed and they have not replied.

The Government has not come clean to how the data will be accessed -why not? Do they have something to hide.

This is what they replied with "legal basis and legitimate need to use' the GP database would have access to it."

So these companies can use this data to make predictive models without your consent (look at the work palantir has done with US police forces)

Private Health providers could use this data to cherry pick which parts of the NHS work to bid for. Leaving the NHS to carry the costs of the more expensive treatments whilst not benefiting from the profitable work to subsidise the more expensive work.

It breaks the trust between the GP and patient. If you know your data might be uses to sell services to you - will you be as forthcoming.

In the US many people in fear of higher premiums will try not be as candid with their providers - all this leads to is the eventual higher costs when instead of dealing with symptoms earlier you are left with dealing with issue when its developed further. This is most stark when patients who cannot afford healthcare stumble in to A&E with conditons that have developed so far they require urgent and expensive treatment - a stitch in time saves 9.

There are certain markets and industries where the market system leads to suboptimial outcomes - healthcare and education are the prime examples.

Sponsored Links
Back