3.15A Fuse blows on control board (Ravenheat RSF 820/20)

I just replaced the pump head in the end. The centre diameter of the pump impeller suction eye was an exact match. The outer diameter of the disc was 4mm (diameter) smaller but this had room around the old one too.

Ravenheat were rather helpful by the way, they confirmed the partcode was correct but didn't comment on the one I bought other than it must have been out of a newer boiler.

Thank you for you help everyone.

Live and learn, live and learn.

BTW. Does anywhere take the old ones in for recycling or reconditioning?

Hello Steve sg1009 how did you fix your ravenheat amp problem in the end please?

i have the same problem now?

Hi Pinonze,

What is it you want to know? I replaced the pump + fuse and it's been working ever since just fine.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the Prompt Reply , Yes i have a ravenheat rsf 820/20 boiler quite old but i tell you what, since i bought it this is the second time i have had a problem and it was bought over 10 years ago..a good machine in my opinion. Anyway the fuse on the PCB mother board keeps blowing the 3.15a amp with a glass in the middle. also noticed a small leak dripping from the Pump....and after reading your post i am guessing its the pump thats causing this. I have called out engineers, but i find all they say is you need a new boiler mate without looking at it....and just want to take money of me.

At the moment, i have replaced that amp (3.15a) twice as every time it blows the boiler light doesnt come on. Right now its working but with no central heating just hot water, i am about to change the Pump, i giving the same problem as yours.

Any advice will be great!

Sponsored Links
Hi Pinonze,

What is it you want to know? I replaced the pump + fuse and it's been working ever since just fine.

Steve[/quote]

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the Prompt Reply , Yes i have a ravenheat rsf 820/20 boiler quite old but i tell you what, since i bought it this is the second time i have had a problem and it was bought over 10 years ago..a good machine in my opinion. Anyway the fuse on the PCB mother board keeps blowing the 3.15a amp with a glass in the middle. also noticed a small leak dripping from the Pump....and after reading your post i am guessing its the pump thats causing this. I have called out engineers, but i find all they say is you need a new boiler mate without looking at it....and just want to take money of me.

At the moment, i have replaced that amp (3.15a) twice as every time it blows the boiler light doesnt come on. Right now its working but with no central heating just hot water, i am about to change the Pump, i giving the same problem as yours.

Any advice will be great![/quote]

I'm not sure if it said further up the thread but I remember hard wiring the pump directly to a mains socket. This way the 3.15a fuse on the board shouldn't blow. It did blow the 3A fuse in the mains plug of course after a short time running. You could run it like this in test mode to prove the situation.

If I also remember correctly the control board had another fuse on and I can't remember what that protected.

I'd say if your pump has lasted 10 years you can't go far wrong changing it even if it's not the culprit this time.

Start a new thread. This thread is dated 2007.

You may get better response that way

Sponsored Links
Start a new thread. This thread is dated 2007.

You may get better response that way

Hello DP,

Thanks for your response, i would have started a new one, but i was specifically looking to talk to Steve as i am having exactly the same problem as him, Just ordered a new pump so fingers crossed.

Thanks Again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back