3 Function Outdoor Switch (Twilight, Timer, PIR Sensor)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find a switch for some external lights. I want them to come on automatically at dusk, stay on until a user specified time e.g. 10pm, at which point it switches to a PIR mode.

I'm sure I found one a few weeks back, but unfortunately forgot to bookmark the page, the closest I can find now is this:-

Konstsmide Nightguard
http://www.moonlightdesign.co.uk/acatalog/Security_Adaptors.html

But that doesnt allow you to alter or specify the time that it switches to PIR mode.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Use a standard PIR and a separate timer. The lights are always under PIR control - unless you turn off the main switch off course. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You connect the output of the timer in parallel with the output of the PIR and voila! :idea: :idea: :idea:

If you read this thread

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101869&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

you'll see that some PIRs misbehave when you feed power to their switched outputs. You'll need to check this when you choose yours. ;) ;) ;)

Edit: Oops! I've just spotted something. You want your lights to come on at dusk rather than at a preset time. I'll have to think about that one. Time I wasn't here. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back