3 port valve actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Pegler Terrier TMPV-22-A 3 port valve with a metal actuator head. Product code 658057.

I want/need to replace the actuator but Pegler no longer have any stock of this head. Before I go to the effort of replacing the complete valve I would like to know if any other brands with similar looking actuators are interchangeable.

Sponsored Links
Its still listed on their web site but no exact photo.

The photo they do have of a similar one looks just like a Honeywell.

Can you do a photo of yours or see how similar it is to a Honeywell.

Whats wrong with yours?

Tony

Thanks Tony

It looks very like the Honeywell but did not want to buy one and find there were subtle differences. Thought someone on here might know.

Mine has stopped working. Not responding at all to call for HW or SH. Could be sync motor but haven't the time to fault find. Is that the most likely problem.

Are you saying you have no hot water and central heating?
If so it might be worth taking a look at the pump.
Have a look at the FAQ's to see how to test the pump is working.

Sponsored Links
Yes the synchron motor is the most likely culprit a very easy change just take your time and not expensive

It takes about 15 minutes to test and change the motor.

Far quicker than changing the head and far quicker than drain and replacing the whole valve!

Tony

Can't see how a duff motor would affect the HW. The HW port and the CH port can't both be closed. The motor is only required to get valve to mid position or CH only.
I think armo74 realises this and suggests the pump may be the problem

The motor may have jammed and be holding the valve in the CH only position!

Not responding at all to call for HW or CH.

The motor may have jammed and be holding the valve in the CH only position!

In which case he would still likely have one or the other! (not necessarily with proper control though)
the valve can't inhibit HW demand ;)

The op needs to clarify, whether he has

a) hot water but no heating
b) heating but no hot water
c) neither
d) both, but uncontrollable

Matt

:

Can't see how a duff motor would affect the HW. The HW port and the CH port can't both be closed. The motor is only required to get valve to mid position or CH only.
I think armo74 realises this and suggests the pump may be the problem

That's what I was thinking but as suggested really needs clarifying.
But I did ask in my original reply.

The valve motor could have jammed in an in between position so that there is no call for heat output.

Silly think is that I would be able to "feel" the situation in 6 seconds if I was there!

The valve motor could have jammed in an in between position so that there is no call for heat output.

In which case the rads would get hot when the hot water is in demand would they not?
Think about it

Sorry for delay in replying. To clarify boiler, did not fire when CH or HW or BOTH was selected on programmer but did when one of the microswitches in the head was pushed with a small screwdriver. Pump was OK.

Have now replaced sync motor and am up and running again.

Thanks to all who took time to reply. This is a super site

Sorry for delay in replying. To clarify boiler, did not fire when CH or HW or BOTH was selected on programmer but did when one of the microswitches in the head was pushed with a small screwdriver. Pump was OK.

Have now replaced sync motor and am up and running again.

Thanks to all who took time to reply. This is a super site
You may have replaced the sync motor, but was it the root cause of the problem and if so how?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back